Basic Salt Cave Stuff
This may seem like a lot, but it's not. We are a salt cave - no stress!
Creating a restful, calming environment with holistic wellness service and excellent providers is what differentiates us from others.
For salt cave sessions, monthly and group events.
- The cave is kept at a comfortable 71degrees.
- We kindly ask that you arrive fifteen minutes prior to the start of your session. This gives us time to address paperwork first for our first-time clients and allows for a smooth and timely transition from those exiting the cave and those entering.
- There are no shoes, personal belongings, reading material or electronics in the cave***.
- Please bring or wear a pair of socks. Socks are available for those who don’t read this stuff or simply forget at no charge. Kindly return the socks after using for trip to the washing machine and the next non-sock wearing client.
- We have a beautiful boutique with an extensive selection of crystals. If you would like to choose a crystal to hold during your session, you may choose from many of our selected tumbled or polished stones. Clients enjoy the additional energetic boost provided by our geological friends!
- There are eight chairs in the cave. A single salt cave session includes “renting” a chair for a single forty-five-minute session, while listening to gentle meditation music. Salt cave sessions begin on the hour.
- We do not interrupt a session. If you are late for your session which has begun, you may be asked to join the next available session.
- The salt cave can cause excessive relaxation which may transition into sleep. When this occurs, purring (aka, snoring) may soon follow. Please be cognizant of others. If you are with someone who is snoring, feel free to give em’ a little nudge. If you are prone to snoring, keeping your chair a little more upright can be helpful.
- Talking and chatting during a salt cave session can ruin the experience for others. Respect is essential and greatly appreciated. Failure to do so will result in bad juju and no one wants that..
- Are you interested in scheduling a private group event? We can accommodate friends and family and multiple occasions with our Private Group option, six chairs and meditation music are included in a 45-minute session. This is a great choice for those who wish to upgrade their experience in the cave with a provider or to
ensure a session without unfamiliar guests. Upgrades can include guided meditation, crystal sound bowls, yoga, spiritual readings or head and neck massage. **
- For our clients who have scheduled personal services, a 45-minute salt cave session can be scheduled the same day of your service for a discounted rate. It is a great way to prepare for or relax after a service. Please contact the shop to schedule.
What to Expect @Salt of the Earth
What to Wear
There is no change of clothes needed nor is a post salt cave session shower necessary as the temperature is kept at 71 degrees. Wear whatever you like, comfortable clothes or formal attire… Whatever makes you happy
The cave is a quiet, meditative and a shared space. Digging thru a purse, the light of a cell phone, jingle of car keys, and even turning of pages of a book can be disruptive to others. Because of this, we request that all personal belonging be left outside of the cave. We provide a secure cabinet for client use, or you may choose to leave your items in the car. Don’t forget your watch if it is connected to your phone.
What to Expect
Upon entering the dimly lit cave*, the floor will transition from salt bricks to a loose salt floor, which kind of feels like coarse sand. Choose one of eight zero- gravity chairs and a team member will come around to cover you with a blanket and recline the chair. Your session includes relaxing, meditative music and will begin (and end) with three gentle gongs note:
Just Breathe! That’s all there is to do. The salt cave and salt air will do the rest. Himalayan salt is naturally antibacterial, anti-fungal and anti-inflammatory. Breathing it in will help to detox your body and cleanse the respiratory system. Close your eyes, rest, pray, meditate, and just shut off the world for 45 minutes. It will all be ok!
*There are two steps up to enter the cave.
*Wheelchair ramp available. Kindly call for arrangements.
** Scheduling online is not recommended for private group events. We encourage guests to call and work with a team member to create an awesome and personal event based upon, schedule, provider availability, and budget.
*** Cell phones will implode in the salt cave-and it’s not pretty.
****Blankets are optional, and clients are welcome to bring their own if preferred. Although they are not “needed”, body temperature may drop during inactivity, so a warm fuzzy blanket keeps you comfy.
Customers may call 724-260-0472 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to cancel. As a small business with limited space to schedule multiple clients, late cancellations significantly and negatively impact our providers and our business. We kindly ask that you provide as much notice as possible, your cooperation and understanding is greatly appreciated.
We do not offer refunds. Cancellations made within the guidelines below will be given credit toward a future session or class. A credit card is required to hold all scheduled services. If a credit card is not on file, your appointment may be cancelled.
SALT CAVE SESSIONS:
The salt cave has limited seating. For this reason, cancellations or reschedules for salt cave sessions require 24 hours’ notice.
MONTHLY CLASSES AND EVENTS:
Cancellations for events or classes must be received with no less than 48 hours’ notice before scheduled session. Please note the Chakra Sound Bath w/ Brooke does not allow for any cancellation or refund.
Private group events require 72 hours’ cancellation notice. Cancellations received without the required notice will be charged for the service.
Customers may call 724-260-0472 or email email@example.com to cancel. As a small business with limited space to schedule multiple clients, late cancellations significantly and negatively impact our providers and our business. Your understanding is greatly appreciated.
Appointments – Services with a dedicated provider
With respect to our providers, cancellations for personal services, including massage and energy healing, must be received a minimum of 48 hours prior to the start of the service to avoid being charged for the service.
what is a halotherapy?
Himalayan salt is a natural antiseptic that reduces inflammation and opens up breathing passages. Our cave contains 32,000 pounds of authentic himalayan salt. As we breathe, the salt thins mucus build-up, eliminates allergens, and improves lung function. It also benefits skin, increases immunity, stimulates metabolism, improves concentration, decreases fatigue, and heightens your mood. Halotherapy has been around for centuries and is a natural, safe, and drug-free treatment.
Relax. Refresh. Rejuvenate.
There’s a reason people call himalayan salt the ultimate exfoliator: it relaxes, refreshes, and rejuvenates your skin. Halotherapy has the benefits of improving skin conditions such as psoriasis, rashes, eczema, acne, as well as helping respiratory, breathing, and allergy issues.
While typical table salt is dehydrating, pure mineral salts have natural moisturizing properties and support the skin’s water balance and barrier function by attracting moisture to the skin. The minerals found in Himalayan salt have rejuvenating properties and are necessary for cell function and detoxification. The energy held within salt is released when water is added allowing the ionized nature of the stored minerals to be absorbed by the body’s cells. The nature of water and salt together is especially beneficial as it regenerates and cleanses at a cellular level.
Ever notice how your skin and sinus’s clear at the beach? In addition to emitting negative ion’s which clean the air of free radicals, Himalayan salt cleans the skin thoroughly by removing dead skin and impurities and opens pores to receive and absorb nutrients and minerals so many lack. Psoriasis and eczema can be improved using the healing properties of the 84 trace elements found in Himalayan salt.
A Holistic Experience
what should you expect?
Halotherapy recreates the microclimate of a salt cave. The room is kept at 72 degrees to be safe for children and adults, and the floors and walls are completely covered with salt. Relax in a zero-gravity chair and use a comfy blanket while a brine mist is organically dispersed into the air via our graduation tower. No robe or change of clothes is needed. It’s quiet. It’s serene. It’s unbelievably relaxing.
Before you enter the cave, make sure you know our policies.
32 Thousand Pounds of Salt
why choose Salt of the Earth?
Our custom-built salt cave and graduation tower is the first in Washington County and the largest in the Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania region. Salt of the Earth offers a graduation tower that closely mimics those used throughout Europe for hundreds of years. The sheer amount of salt in our cave is enough to make you feel completely refreshed and rejuvenated.
Personal Services and Group Events
Along with salt cave therapy, we offer therapeutic services such as yoga, massage, and reiki in our salt cave. Take a look at our other services to see how you can heal your body.